|Standard (or minor) logbook service for most small cars with less than 100,000 km
|TCB Service – similar to Standard, but 10% off total! – see below for more information.
|Safety Certificate inspection – CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
|Major services can vary wildly, contact us for a free quote.
|Wheel alignment (front)
|Brake fluid change & brake
|Four / five wheel rotate and
|Brake inspection (may be more for some vehicles)
|Super-quick weekender inspection
|60.00 – 120.00
With any service we offer, add $30 and we will de-clutter and vacuum the interior.
What’s in a service:
Standard only in name, our standard service allows you to keep your vehicle maintained as per your manufacturer’s logbook, keeping your warranty intact. Since every vehicle is slightly different, there is no single service to suit everyone. As a guide, here’s what we include in a standard service:
- Inspect door / hinge operation, lubricate & adjust
- Inspect lights for correct operation
- Inspect instruments, gauges and controls
- Inspect and inflate tyres, including spare
- Rotate and balance wheels
- Inspect battery condition
- Inspect & clean air filter
- Inspect/Adjust drive belts
- Inspect cooling system
- Top up windscreen washer
- Change engine oil & filter (Full synthetic oil for low-km cars, mineral for older vehicles)
- Inspect/ Top up other applicable oil systems
- Inspect underbody for damage, leaks or other wear
- Inspect exhaust system
- Inspect steering and suspension
- Inspect Brakes (Discs, Drums, Pads, Fluid)
- Inspect Steering (Play, Fluid)
- Inspect drive shafts
- Lubricate grease points
- Reset service lights and investigate any error codes
- Inspect wheel bearings for free play
- Inspect pipes and hoses for leaks or damage
- Inspect & Adjust brake/clutch pedal height & play
- Inspect & Adjust park brake
- Road Test vehicle
If there are any problems that you have noticed, let us know beforehand so we can pay extra attention to them. In most cases this is included in the cost of the service.
This service allows you to pre-authorize certain repairs, to a set cost. By doing so, it means we won’t have to annoy you throughout the day to advise you of any problems we may find. Your car will be finished quickly, and you won’t need to worry about coming back another day for extra work to be completed.
A major service covers extra components such as spark plugs and fuel filters, is usually more costly, and takes longer. Contact us for specifics, as each service varies.
Can I bring my own parts or oil?
Yes, but we prefer you didn’t. Please make sure they are the correct parts. If your car needs to stay in the garage longer than required because the parts don’t fit or work, it may end up costing you quite a bit more than if the parts were sourced locally. We also cannot offer any warranty on parts not provided by our suppliers. If you are thinking about buying your own parts to save money, call us to see if we can match the price. We can provide many parts from a range of suppliers such as Narva, Pedders, Ryco, Century, Penrite and Repco, as well as a range of budget options as used in authorised service centres around the world. You should also check that the parts you provide will not void any warranties on your vehicle, and that any lubricants are of the correct grade and quantity.
What about second-hand parts?
For a variety of reasons, we often choose to use recycled or reconditioned components. But we consult with our customers first, and where safety or reliability may be compromised, we always use new parts. Note that in some cases used parts may end up costing more than their new equivalent, taking into account locating and checking/reconditioning the part. If you want to bring in your own used parts, eg. brake rotors, check with us first – in some cases we may not be able to use them.